Cuota de inscripción:
Free of charge
- Registro: Register here
In this DNV GL Tech-talk webinar we will demonstrate how structural analysis experience from the Oil and Gas industry combined with specific features for the Wind industry can be applied to structural analysis of offshore wind support structures. In the webinar we will demonstrate examples of how structural analysis software can be utilized in an efficient way.
The Sesam software has been used to analyse marine and offshore structures since 1969. The long experience and constant improvements of the software have made it one of the most used softwares in the offshore oil & gas industry. This strong history with offshore oil & gas, combined with the hands-on experience with wind turbines, has made DNV GL a global leader in risk management of offshore wind projects. Sesam Wind is based on this knowledge and uses the proven technology from the offshore oil & gas industry combined with requirements specific for the offshore wind industry.
Sesam Wind is a tailor-made cloud-enabled solution for structural strength analysis of fixed offshore wind turbine structures, addressing the industry’s need to account for the combined effect of wind and hydrodynamic loads. The analysis functionality offered is in accordance with international standards such as IEC61400-3, the DNV Offshore Standard DNV-OS-J101 Design of Offshore Wind Turbines and the DNV GL Recommended Practice DNVGL-RP-0005 (RP-C203) Fatigue Design of Offshore Steel Structures.
Agenda/topics of the webinar
- Introduction of structural analysis capabilities for fixed offshore wind
- Short introduction of marine operations for offshore wind
- Short introduction of floating offshore wind
- Demo: Modelling a jacket and performing an offshore wind fatigue analysis
- Become familiar with structural analysis capabilities
- Model a jacket type support structure
- Perform efficient concept studies using scripting
- Set up an offshore wind fatigue analysis
- Perform cloud-enabled time domain analysis
- Gain insight by time domain animation
- Perform efficient and fast redesign
Speaker Laurens Alblas:
Laurens has been working as a Technical Support Engineer for Sesam in DNV GL – Software at Høvik, Norway, since 2012. He specializes in support cases and user courses related to fixed offshore structures in general and offshore wind structures in particular. His background is in Aerospace Engineering with a specialization in Wind Energy and previous work experience includes R&D work at Vestas where he worked in a global R&D project and also performed his Master thesis.