Harnessing engineering models developed over the last 27 years, Tidal Bladed utilises common functionality with the industry leading wind turbine design tool Bladed, whilst introducing essential subsea science.
Although Tidal Bladed is the first software of its kind, the heritage of Bladed provides users with a robust commercial design package with high quality modelling capabilities enabling technology developments to be accelerated with confidence.
Tidal Bladed is already used by most major tidal turbine device developers and continues to improve and develop with this growing sector.
Course outline:Day 1
- Tidal turbine fundamentals
- Introduction to Tidal Bladed
- Building a turbine model (workshop)
- Tidal turbine hydrodynamics
- Steady state calculations (workshop)
- Tidal turbine forces and dynamics
- Dynamic calculations (workshop)
- Performing load calculations (workshop)
- Defining a tidal turbine load case description
- Handling environmental data in load calculations
- Post-processing of Tidal Bladed output
- Tidal support tools
- Tidal Bladed review and introduction to TidalFarmer
Who should attend?
Tidal turbine and component manufacturers, certification agencies, design consultancies and research organisations. It is assumed that attendees have an engineering background, but no specific knowledge of tidal device development is required.